This 4 day training course introduces participants to the key fundamentals of treasury management required to manage global cash operations. Trainers will provide attendees with the tools and techniques to effectively solve integrated and practical management problems. Participants will gain an understanding in how to improve liquidity, cash forecasting, and which working capital metrics should be used for measuring future performance. Concepts of an in-house bank, cash pooling and how to mitigate risk through effective hedging will be addressed.
Topics & Content
- Treasury Organization Models
– How to improve global controls
- Capital Structure & Corporate Finance
– How to manage global capital structure
– Debt vs. Equity financing
– How to develop effective strategies
- Working Capital Management
– Treasury’s role in Working Capital Management
– Improved controls with effective metrics
– Integrating cash management and cash forecasting
- Global Liquidity Management
– How to find the optimal solution
– Physical vs. notional pooling
– In-house bank and multi-lateral netting
- Cash Forecasting
– Direct vs. Indirect models
– Key cash flow drivers
– Building a forecast model
- Risk Management
– Foreign Exchange
– Interest Rate
– Valuation models
Participants will gain an understanding of how to:
- Optimize global liquidity in order to reduce borrowing and enhance investment opportunities.
- Reduce income volatility through effective hedging.
- Improve accuracy of cash forecasting.
- Improve utilization of treasury technology.
- Optimize working capital and balance sheet management.
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of benefit to a wide range of job functions and areas within accounting, finance or treasury. Course designed for those interested in benefiting from an increased understanding of managing global cash positions, working capital and cash forecasting. Material is tailored so that it would be relevant to both finance professionals and commercial bank staff who are involved in the cash and treasury solutions for corporate customers.